Dnata Travel reveals trending trips for UAE National Day

Dnata Travel reveals trending trips for UAE National Day

Thailand is the most popular destination for UAE travellers

Dnata Travel has revealed its most popular holiday hotspots in the run-up to the fast-approaching UAE National Day break.

The top five most-booked international destinations with UAE-based travellers are Thailand, the Maldives, Turkey, the USA and Azerbaijan.

As the most popular destination, Thailand accounts for 15% of all Dnata Travel bookings for the UAE National Day weekend. Bangkok, alongside the islands of Phuket and Krabi, are the top locations of choice.

Azerbaijan is a new entry in 2023, with bookings up 50% compared to the same period in 2022. The capital, Baku, is proving popular with UAE travellers for a city break closer to home. 

Dnata brands win at World Travel Awards Middle East 2023
Dnata Travel partners with Turespaña to boost tourism
Dnata Travel opens second store in Sharjah to meet demand

Across the long weekend, 80% of all bookings are for international travel, while the remaining 20% cover UAE staycations. Most local stays are booked in Dubai, followed by Abu Dhabi and Ras Al Khaimah.

Dnata Travel head of retail and leisure UAE Meerah Ketait said: "Travellers are exploring more of the world, including lesser-known places and new locations across popular hotspots. In addition to the ever-popular destinations of Thailand and the Maldives, we have seen a notable increase in travel to Azerbaijan in particular.


"The popularity of Thailand continues, with demand driven by a rise in availability of flights, the country’s incredible value-for-money proposition, world-class accommodation and varied experiences."

Dnata Travel’s UAE National Day campaign is now live, offering savings and added benefits for UAE travellers across trending beach, city, mountain and desert locations across the globe. Offers include 45% savings and complimentary room upgrades at the five-star Kandima Maldives, or 30% savings on an all-inclusive stay in a suite at the Hotel Riu Sri Lanka.

For more information, visit

Share article

View Comments