Chefs from four Michelin-star-winning Hakkasan branches will create eight-hand menus on 9 and 10 June
In celebration of Hakkasan holding a Michelin star at each of its locations in Dubai and Abu Dhabi in the UAE, and Mayfair and Hanway Place in London, the modern Cantonese restaurant group is hosting a special dinner series that's coming to Dubai and Abu Dhabi in June 2023.
Taking place at Hakkasan Dubai for one night only on Friday 9 June 2023, and then in Abu Dhabi on Saturday 10 June, the Hakkasan Executive Chef Dinner Series brings together four executive and head chefs from each of the Michelin-star-winning Hakkasan branches to create an eight-hand collaboration menu.
Hakkasan Dubai’s executive chef Andy Toh (pictured), executive chef Andrew Lee from Hakkasan Abu Dhabi, head chef Michael Zhen from Hakkasan Mayfair London, and head chef Keith Lim from Hakkasan Hanway Place London will join forces for the special occasion hosted across the UAE's two buzzing branches of Hakkasan.
This celebration is especially timely for Hakkasan Dubai, which recently retained its one Michelin star during Dubai’s second edition of the Michelin Guide 2023 in May 2023.
The special four-course menu will feature two dishes per course from each culinary master, including:
- Michael Zhen, head chef, Hakkasan Mayfair
- Dim sum two style with lobster and cheese bean curd wrap, gratin scallop dumpling, spicy curry sauce
- Wild freshwater king prawn salad with sakura cress, pickled purple and orange carrot, plum and sweet chilli dressing
- Andrew Lee, executive chef, Hakkasan Abu Dhabi
- Supreme snow crab saffron soup, urchin king crab dumpling
- Peking duck duet includes Peking duck with caviar, black truffle roasted duck puff
- Andy Toh, executive chef, Hakkasan Dubai
- Wok-seared wild John Dory with flying fish roe, selection Kristal caviar, heirloom carrot conflict, carrot broth
- Sauteed seasonal asparagus, seasonal mushroom with fermented black bean, Lo Gan Ma chilli
- Keith Lim, head chef, Hakkasan Hanway Place
- Braised Wagyu short rib with baby onion, pickled mustard
- Supreme stock ribbon noodle, soft-boiled egg with Nameko mushroom, shaved black truffle
The menu was designed with culinary oversight provided by executive chef Andrew Yeo from Hakkasan's Tao Group Hospitality’s London culinary team, with pastry direction from Chef Romain Cornu, Global Corporate Pastry Chef.
In 2022, both Hakkasan Dubai and Hakkasan Abu Dhabi were awarded one Michelin star each in the Michelin Guide’s debut in both Middle East markets. Hakkasan Dubai retained its one Michelin star during Dubai’s second edition of the Michelin Guide 2023. Hakkasan Dubai and Hakkasan Abu Dhabi join London’s Hakkasan Hanway Place and Hakkasan Mayfair as Michelin star recipients within the Hakkasan brand.
AED698 per person in Dubai, AED598 in Abu Dhabi; early reservations are highly recommended. For more information, visit www.hakkasan.com